Sunday, April 4, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: McNabb to Redskins


In a stunning development, the Washington Redskins received longtime Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb tonight in exchange for the 37th pick in this year's draft and a third or fourth round pick in 2011.

This is stunning because the Redskins and Eagles are in the same division. This tells me the Eagles really don't think he either has much left or will beat them twice. The Eagles didn't even get the Redskins fourth overall pick in this year's draft. You just don't trade in division unless those two factors are in place. That being said, this is quite the trade.

The Redskins couldn't quite help themselves. They had to get an older player who has name recognition and sells jerseys. Until they prove me wrong, I'll keep saying that. Shanahan and Bruce Allen bring in older players who aren't wanted by their old teams. It's just a fact. The Redskins bring in older, name recognition guys and sell hope. Until I see success ON THE FIELD, I don't want to hear about Super Bowls or the playoffs.

Jason Campbell is a mediocre player. He's had time to show that he's the man, and it just hasn't happened. Don't give me the line. Lots of guys have line issues, and their quarterbacks still make plays. Where he goes is an interesting question.

I'll have more on this trade tomorrow. I can tell you one thing: My sister's fiancee is quite happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment