Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We are Six days away!


The Baltimore Orioles are six days away from the magical term: "Pitchers and catchers report." That's right, six days until the baseball season's spring training season is underway in Arizona and Florida. All 30 teams believe they have done what they can to improve themselves, and in the case of the Orioles, the time has come to start winning baseball games.

It's been my opinion that the Orioles didn't try to win games last season. Did they tank a season? Absolutely not. Did they maybe tank a few games they could have won to get more experience for their young players? Absolutely, no doubt about it. Now is the time for the Orioles to put it together and start winning those games.

I cannot wait to see how this season plays out for the Orioles. They've gained experience in many areas including pitching. Adding Kevin Millwood to this staff provides a veteran presence and innings eater this team hasn't had in quite some time. In fact, the last time they had a guy like this was in 2000 with Mike Mussina. Millwood will anchor a rotation that will include Brian Matusz, Jeremy Guthrie, and most likely Chris Tillman. I'll get to those guys in more depth later.

I'm going to be doing a little preview for each starter and what I expect out of them. I'll be starting tomorrow, and I will start with the position players. Tomorrow's Oriole?

C Matt Wieters

I'm going to try and update this blog as much as I can during the season. I'll occasionally throw in some Ravens posts, too. Hopefully, I will be able to add pictures, too.

1 comment: