Monday, February 22, 2010

The Outfield: Endless Possibilities



Through my tour of the Baltimore Orioles presumed starting lineup position by position, I've talked about some players who may be reclamation projects, stop gaps, and some guys already set in stone for the future. Now, I'm ready to talk about a few of the main reasons why the Orioles and their fans should get excited about the future. Three names come to mind when people outside of the Orioles organization are hit with the subject of the team: Adam Jones, Nolan Reimold, and Nick Markakis.

These three ballplayers are all 25 years old or younger, and each of them possesses a wealth of baseball and athletic talent. Jones is a fleet-footed center fielder who has already won a gold glove at the age of 24, while Markakis has batted .300 and gone over 100 RBI's twice in his four year career. Reimold burst onto the scene in 2009 showing the ability to get on base and hit home runs.

Tomorrow I will begin my in-depth preview of each of these players before I get to the pitchers.

Up tomorrow:

Adam Jones

3 comments:

  1. I just want to let know you that I am a die-hard Yankees fan. However, I am in love with the O's outfield. Even though we just got Granderson, blah blah blah...this O's outfield is going to dominate the Majors for years to come...

    Love the blog,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the comments...glad you like the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you all summer at 2110 Eutaw Street!!!

    ReplyDelete